Friday, December 28, 2007

Week 3, Thing 5


Without realizing it, I found I had a Flickr account. My sister shares her photos via Flickr. So, after looking through almost 700 of her photos, I remembered this picture I took about 2 years ago. I took it to illustrate just how far $1000 dollars would go when purchasing books. To be fair, the books were ordered shelf ready from Bound To Stay Bound. But I still find it depressing to see how little $1000 buys.

I just thought of another use for Flickr. We just completed a kitchen remodel and my friends want to see pictures. Uploading them to Flickr and sending them the link would be a whole lot easier than sending them as an attachment via email.

Thank you School Library Learning 2.0 for introducing me to yet another fun internet tool.

3 comments:

Jane, TL in the classroom said...

Very effective photo, Sheryl. I like your avatar, too. I think it's time I give my own avatar a makeover.
I'll look forward to seeing the kitchen photos.

IrmaPince said...

That is a great photo and a wonderful way to show administrators and parent groups what $1000 will (or won't!) do.

Marie Slim said...

Very good picture - how depressing! So funny about forgeting you had an account! I do that all the time. I love you avatar too! Happy New Year!

Marie Slim