Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Week 1, Thing 2

I think I'm really going to like this type of tutorial. Knowing that I can gain knowledge from anywhere is a plus. 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners was just the start.

At first I thought Habit #3: View problems as challenges would be a difficult habit for me to acquire. After looking over the list again, I've decided that Habit #7: Teach & mentor others is the one that will be most challenging. I have no problem sharing what I've learned with small groups or individuals, but heaven help me if I have to get up in front of a group of adults (my peers) to teach or present a topic. I'm the one manning the keyboard while someone else does the presentation.

On the flip side, Habit #5: Create your own learning toolbox comes fairly easily to me. I'm an organized person and can usually find what I'm looking for. If not, I have no problem asking for help and have a list of people to call on should I need to. After all, I have the entire CSLA 2.0 Team cheering me on.

On to the next step - creating an avatar

1 comment:

IrmaPince said...

These are all great habits to cultivate and I'm sure you'll do smashingly well - after all, you did create your avatar very quickly.