Sunday, December 30, 2007

Week 3, Thing 7

Blog about anything technology related .... Hmmm, where to start. I'd be lost without my PDA and cell phone (just waiting for the price of the Treo to come down), not to mention the time I spend on the computer every day. I love that it is so easy to use Flickr and share photos with friends and family. I can see how our students might use some of the Flickr tools to create posters and/or trading cards of their favorite books. Or they could use Flickr mashups for their school projects - especially my 6th graders on their biome reports. I imagine they could create trading cards for the animals found on their biome along with the links for the food chain.

I enjoy downloading my favorite radio shows to my Mp3 player so I can listen to them uninterrupted while walking the dog. So many of my students have IPods that I encourage them to download audio books - I hope to start creating podcasts of booktalks that they will be able to access.

Technology has changed our way of presenting and sharing information with others - especially our students.

2 comments:

IrmaPince said...

You are really rolling along. That furry treadmill must get you up and moving. That was a great idea about biome trading cards. Please make sure you visit our curriulum wiki
and post your good ideas for all to share.

Marie Slim said...

Already on thing #7? Keep up the great work!