Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Week 5, Thing 10 continued

I don't know what I did differently this time. Maybe it's just a different network. When I tried to upload the image from Image Chef while at work, the image loaded, but not the customized image. At home, I had no problem.

I really liked the "The Generator Blog" and have added it to my Goggle Reader. It might be fun to use some of the tools to create wallpaper for the different computers in the library. The students notice the wallpapers and screensavers so I try to keep them updated.

I also liked curriculum connections 2 & 3. Maybe the students would be able to follow directions for the copy machine in comic strip format. I can also see incorporating images in my library orientation power point, my website and in memos and reports. The image generators offer more choice than those in Word.

5 comments:

Library Lady said...

I like your creative ideas for using images on your library computers just for fun and to catch the kids interest. I need to lighten up a bit and look for the fun. Thanks!

Marie Slim said...

Did you right-click and "save as..." on the customized image? Sometimes that works.

IrmaPince said...

Great idea for putting directions in a comic strip. I can't get teachers to follow the directions for using the laptop carts. Maybe this would jolly them into it.

Sheryl Grabow-Weiss said...

Library Slim suggested I right click on the image to save. Unfortunately, I'm a P.C. person adapting to a MacBook and fighting it all the way. Our district has outfitted all of the teachers (I had to convince them I was a teacher) with a MacBook, ELMO, projector, etc. Eventhough some of us wanted a P.C., we were out of luck. So, I fight with the Mac constantly. I know I can attach a mouse, but that's not convenient when I'm on my red couch.

Marie Slim said...

I'm on a Mac too - I made the jump from PC about a year ago. Hold down the CTRL button and click - then it should come up.