Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Week 7, Thing 16

Boy, do I wish I had completed this part of web 2.0 during Winter Break. I've been working with the 8th grade language arts teachers on an author project. Setting this up in a wiki would have made our student's research so much easier. Not only could the project directions be posted on a wiki, students could add information and web sites they found helpful. I could also see setting up an online book club using a wiki. I just wonder if there is a way to preview student entries before posting. I had a blog set up last year for students to post reviews of books they had read. 2 or 3 students submitted reviews, another student used the blog to try out inappropriate language. That blog ended quickly:( There are a number of projects assigned to my students that would fit the wiki model. Time to get to work!

No comments: