Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Week 5, Thing 12




Ok, so I've played with/on Rollyo. I decided to use knitting as my topic as I have dozens of sites I search through individually - this might expedite my searching. Although I do think this tool is very much like Google's Custom Searche Engine, I do think there are ways I can use this at school. Since our conference last November, I've wanted to create some custom searches for various assignments my students have throughout the year, but best laid plans.... now that I have Rollyo, I've run out of excuses. I'm not sure I like using it. It takes some time to set up searches. I like the ease of using del.icio.us and might like Rollyo better if it were easier find your favorite sites within Rollyo and then just add them to the "searchbox". I found that if I had 2 tabs open, I could search on one and then copy and paste the urls into the Rollyo window. I think the kids might like using it for their searches and I do like that you can limit their searches to just what has been entered into Rollyo. It just might keep those kids on task.

No comments: