Friday, March 28, 2008

Week 8, Thing 19

I was introduced to LibraryThing a while ago and began to enter my books from home. That project ended quickly when I realized that I don't have room for all of our books, keeping only those that I really "need" to have. I've chosen instead to set up the account and use it as a way to keep track of new books ordered for the library. I might set up 2 different accounts - one to introduce new titles, linked to my blog and the other to keep track of books I want to read. This would be a good way to keep track of titles I need to order for AR.

I've also established a Shelfari account. I like the display better, but it seems more commercial. I might use Shelfari for home and LibrarThing for work. The jury is still out on this one.

2 comments:

IrmaPince said...

So many books, so little time!!!!
Have you read Diary of a Wimpy kid yet? It is next on my nightstand stack.

Sheryl Grabow-Weiss said...

Not only have I read the first one, I've even read Diary of a Wimpy Kid; Rodrick Rules. I've recommended it to a number of my special ed kids and even those in our special reading class. They love it! And do quite well on the AR quiz - I think the format holds their attention. Besides, it's a fun read. I've had lots of time to read lately - I was off for a week at the beginning of February (taking care of my husband - he's fine) and we just had Spring Break.